The functions of a Video Game Programmer or Developer in 3D are:
– It is integrated into the development team of the script or story and collaborates in the planning of the project.
– It is responsible for programming the code that guides or vertebrae the story.
– Develops art and graphics in 2D and 3D.
– It is responsible for the development of engines for scenarios (interior, exterior), generation of lighting and character animation, sound and graphic effects, interfaces of all kinds…
– From AI (Artificial Intelligence) techniques, he develops the simulation of movement, gesture and intelligent behaviors.
– It deals with programming for network players.
– It programs the code through the Internet protocol and its different modalities.
– It develops input and output device controls, as well as keyboard, mouse and other device codes.
– It is in charge of programming the code that will integrate the audio in real time.