We Are Hiring Lead Unity Developer
At Starloop, we know great things happen when talent and opportunity cross paths. Join our team and help bring dreams to life!
Job title: Lead Unity Developer
Location: Full-time, permanently remote (global)
Starloop Studios is a leading international game development service provider. Known for its production capacity, outstanding talent, and AAA-quality projects to the international gaming scene.
We are proud members of Magic Media, a media and tech start-up powered by creativity and innovation. As part of this international group, we deliver expertise in the areas of art, animation, cybersecurity, game development, software development, and VFX amongst others. Together, we provide support and innovative solutions designed around our clients’ needs and carried out by our industry veterans.
We are looking for a Lead Unity Developer with extensive full-time experience in games. As a lead game developer, you will be responsible for leading the development team. This includes design, development, coding, testing, and debugging. You will also coordinate the development team’s schedule and ensure effective communication between team members and other areas, set up a development pipeline, estimate task completion and write technical design documents.
- Very strong skills in Unity, and Object-Oriented Programming
- Should be familiar with performance bottlenecks and ways to resolve them, multi-threading, OS concepts and optimization
- Very strong debugging skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong reporting and documentation skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to new technological changes as per project need
- Knowledge about NFT concepts
- 4+ years of experience as a Unity game developer
- Previous experience as Lead Developer of a team of more than 10 developers
- Leading the development of at least one large game title from A-Z
- Experience in developing sandbox games
- Experience with play to earn concepts
- A passion for video games
- Experienced with multiplayer gameplay systems and network replication
- Experience working with Amazon Gamelift, Google Firebase, or Microsoft Playfab
- Experience in game tool development
- Solid technical foundation (e.g. Computer Science / Maths Degree or equivalent)
What you will find working with us
- Permanently remote position
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging projects.
- Be part of an international Group with offices worldwide
- Career growth and development
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- An inclusive culture and open communication
At Starloop, our passion lies in gaming. Our vision is to create and deliver engaging and interesting games for our clients. We can deliver this high-quality work on any platform, at any scale. Our goal is to deliver enjoyable experiences to our players by pushing the boundaries of the industry. Whether that be through the mechanics we create, stories we tell, or tools that we use. And we know that reputation and results go hand-in-hand. That’s why we look for those who are experts in their field or are driven with a voracious appetite for creativity. All in search of delivering the best results.
If you do not meet all the requirements, but believe you’d still be a great fit for the role, don’t worry! We’d still love to hear from you, please get in touch!