Senior C++ Game Programmer (Remote)
Starloop Studios is the leading Game Development outsourcing company in Spain. Known for its production capacity, outstanding talent, and delivering top-notch quality projects to international gaming companies.
We are proud members of Magic Media, a group of service-oriented studios focused on providing solutions from A-Z to game companies. The group spans the globe, with over 500 members in over 10 countries. It is composed of some of the best studios in Europe and America with an expert range of services. These include full game cycle production and development, 2D and 3D art and Animation, VFX, and Cybersecurity for games, and more.
About the job
Job title: Senior C++ Game Programmer
Location: Full-time, permanently remote (global)
We are looking for a Senior C++ Game Programmer who is self-motivated, goal-orientated, and a strong team player.
The ideal candidate will have extensive full-time programming experience in games. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the digital content production process and who is willing to work with content creators and engineers of other disciplines to build awesome gamestools.
- Work on gameplay systems, tools, and other features as required across multiple platforms and technologies
- Collaborate with team members to design solutions and plan work
- Provide estimates and delivers work on schedule
- Participate in code reviews
- Work closely with designers, artists, and animators to bring the vision of the game to life
- Report to the Lead Programmer
- Strong C++ design and coding experience
- Experience with console Dev-Kits (Xbox, Playstation, etc)
- Xbox GDK knowledge
- Strong debugging skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and tasks
- Strong understanding of Visual Studio
- XML based UI understanding
- Solid C# skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English
Desirable pluses (just nice to have)
- Cross-platform experience
- Experience porting a game title that uses a custom C++ engine to Xbox
- Back-end experience
- Unity experience
- Unreal experience
- Solid technical foundation (e.g. Computer Science / Maths Degree or equivalent)
What you will find working with us
- Permanently remote position
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging projects.
- Be part of an international Group with offices worldwide
- Career growth and development
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- An inclusive culture and open communication
At Starloop, our passion lies in gaming. Our vision is to create and deliver engaging and interesting games for our clients. We can deliver this high-quality work on any platform, whether it be on console, PC, or mobile. We know that reputation and results go hand-in-hand. Therefore, we work hard to find experts and talented creators to deliver the best results.
If you do not meet all the requirements, but believe you’d still be a great fit for the role, don’t worry! We’d still love to hear from you, please get in touch!
Learn more about Starloop Studios:
- Website: https://starloopstudios.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/starloopstudios
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gaming/starloopstudios
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lifeatstarloop/
Send your CV, LinkedIn profile, and portfolio: email@example.com
Do you want to start working at Starloop? Send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Now