Lead QA Tester (Remote)
Starloop Studios is the leading Game Development outsourcing company in Spain. Known for its production capacity, outstanding talent, and delivering top-notch quality projects to international gaming companies.
We are proud members of Magic Media, a group of service-oriented studios focused on providing solutions from A-Z to game companies. The group spans the globe, with over 500 members in over 10 countries. It is composed of some of the best studios in Europe and America with an expert range of services. These include full game cycle production and development, 2D and 3D art and Animation, VFX, and Cybersecurity for games, and more.
About the job
Job title: QA Game Test Lead
Location: Full-time, permanently remote
Starloop is currently building a Functional QA team for Games. Not only is the QA Game Test Lead going to be responsible for ensuring the quality of our development activities from a functional perspective, but he or she will also support the creation of the new QA team within the company.
We’re looking for a technically proficient and knowledgeable Test Lead to lead our new QA test team. The ideal candidate is experienced in the gaming industry and must have a proven track record of creating data-focused test strategies and is going to serve as a focal leadership and mentoring point for the team.
The person should be capable of working on multiple projects and cooperating with Producers, Customers, and other Stakeholders -internal and external- in a fast-paced international environment.
- Lead, recruit, coach, and manage a team of QA Testers
- Identify, record, document in detail, and track bugs
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Perform in-depth regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Accountable for the quality of all work and relationships on their team
- Analyze product quality and usability, associated system limitations, and report on risk
- Coach and develop leadership talent for succession planning
- Take responsibility for the effectiveness of the team and customer success
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Experience leading test teams: +2 years
- Experience in the gaming industry: +4 years.
- Demonstrated experience in test planning for complex features/systems
- Experience in testing mobile games
- Shipped multiple game titles as a test lead
- Passion for video games and software quality
- Fluent in English
- Experience in testing on video games consoles (dev-kits) environments
- Experience in testing VR and AR
- Coding knowledge: C#, Unity, Unreal Engine
- Certifications: PMP, Scrum Master and/or Product Owner, ISTQB
What you will find working with us
- Permanently remote position
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging projects.
- Be part of an international Group with offices worldwide
- Career growth and development
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- An inclusive culture and open communication
At Starloop, our passion lies in gaming. Our vision is to create and deliver engaging and interesting games for our clients. We can deliver this high-quality work on any platform, whether it be on console, PC, or mobile. We know that reputation and results go hand-in-hand. Therefore, we work hard to find experts and talented creators to deliver the best results.
If you do not meet all the requirements, but believe you’d still be a great fit for the role, don’t worry! We’d still love to hear from you, please get in touch!
Learn more about Starloop Studios:
- Website: https://starloopstudios.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/starloopstudios
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gaming/starloopstudios
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lifeatstarloop/
Send your CV, LinkedIn profile, and portfolio: email@example.com
Do you want to start working at Starloop? Send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Now