2D Game Artist (remote position)
Starloop Studios is the leading Game Development outsourcing company in Spain. Known for its production capacity, outstanding talent, and delivering top-notch quality projects to international gaming companies.
We are proud members of Magic Media, a group of service-oriented studios focused on providing solutions from A-Z to game companies. The group spans the globe, with over 500 members in over 10 countries. It is composed of some of the best studios in Europe and America with an expert range of services. These include full game cycle production and development, 2D and 3D art and Animation, VFX, and Cybersecurity for games, and more.
About the job
Job title: Senior 2D Game Artist
Location: Freelance contract, permanently remote
Starloop is currently looking for a 2D Game Artist to support several titles. We work on a variety of projects that sometimes involve renamed IP productions and the responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain the overall visual style of the game
- Sketch, iterate and create 2D game art (buildings, props, characters, icons, and banners). This includes painting and photo manipulating resources to emulate art assets set in a specific art style
- Compose, illustrate, and polish themed environment compositions with characters.
- Gather references, mock-up icons, and illustrated banner compositions with a quick turnaround time
- Experience creating, integrating and animating simple, modern, usable, and useful UI is a great plus
The person should be capable of cooperating with Art Directors, Producers, Customers, and other Stakeholders -internal and external- in a fast-paced international environment.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a relevant position with similar responsibility.
- Provide a portfolio link.
- Strong affinities for casual sleek and modern art styles.
- Great fundamental art skills and knowledge of graphic design principles.
- Experience establishing techniques, processes, and workflows for environmental assets.
- Experience with game art optimization.
- Mastery of Unity game art, animation, and UI integration pipeline with mobile layout and performance/optimization constraints in mind.
- Proficiency with 2D tools such as Photoshop and the Creative Suite.
- Experience with one relevant 3D software (Max, Maya, Blender).
- Bonus: experience in the more technical side of game art (e.g. shaders, Houdini, …)
- Knowledge of the game-making process.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and deliver work in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong belief in a Team-based approach.
- Passion for video games
- Fluent in English
- Good communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Proven experience working independently, setting tasks and timelines and meeting those goals
What you will find working with us
- Permanently remote position
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging projects.
- Be part of an international Group with offices worldwide
- Career growth and development
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- An inclusive culture and open communication
At Starloop, our passion lies in gaming. Our vision is to create and deliver engaging and interesting games for our clients. We can deliver this high-quality work on any platform, whether it be on console, PC, or mobile. We know that reputation and results go hand-in-hand. Therefore, we work hard to find experts and talented creators to deliver the best results.
If you do not meet all the requirements, but believe you’d still be a great fit for the role, don’t worry! We’d still love to hear from you, please get in touch!
Learn more about Starloop Studios:
- Website: https://starloopstudios.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/starloopstudios
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gaming/starloopstudios
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lifeatstarloop/
Send your CV, LinkedIn profile, and portfolio: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to start working at Starloop? Send your CV at email@example.com.Apply Now